Thursday, October 7, 2010

October

So I have neglected my blog for a while.... This is mainly due to me having a job as a temp receptionist for a few weeks. As I'd be working all day 5 days a week, I didn't really have time to update my blog, or do any craft projects as by the time I got home, I would just like to laze about :P.
But I am now unemployed again and while I hope this won't be the case for long, I am definitely taking advantage of the extra time and putting it to good use.
I have recently just completed two more cards, using quilling, and I must say I am quite pleased with them :) One is for my parent's wedding anniversary and another is a card that could be used for any occasion.
This is the wedding anniversary card, although with a few alterations it really could be used for any anniversary. I started out with an idea that came to me while I was at work. A border. So I have quilled four heart scrolls and glued them in the corners of the card. I then coiled some grey strips of paper and shaped them into marquises. This was all I had for the moment, but I thought the card looked very plain so I added the bear and the heart shaped balloons. The bear was a lot of fun to quill. It's my first attempt ever of quilling an animal and I am extremely happy with the result. I used black and tan coloured paper, so I guess that makes it a sun bear :) I didn't add any eyes because I couldn't find any that were small enough. The lettering I find interesting. I found the stamps in K-mart and had to buy them! They are really beautiful but I think they're slightly too big for this card, or maybe the message is too big :P But I stamped the letters onto rose coloured paper (the same colour I used for the hearts) and then simply glued the paper to the card. All done! I'm sure my parents will love this, I know I would!

This is the second card I completed today. I also came up with the original idea at work, but altered it slightly to suit the card. Simply, the card is made up of a 7cmx7cm square blue paper that I got in a packet of mixed crafts paper (once again from K-mart!) with two "S" scrolls in green, 3 tight coils in yellow and two half moon shaped coils, also in yellow. The next layer is mounted on 3D mounting foam, for an added dimension. I glued 3 strips of yellow paper together and folded it into a rose, then added a gold daisy spacer to give the centre of the rose a little "bling". The leaves are simply 2 pairs of marquise coils with basic scrolls glued in between them. The brown paper came from the same packet as the blue. Once this was done, the card still didn't feel completed so I added the blue paper to the border which finished it off nicely. I am also very pleased with this card.

I have still to finish my cross stitching and my knitting, but for the moment, my focus is on my quilling. I know I said I shall post some fringed flowers, and I will, once I get around to it! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment