Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fringing

So finally the time has come where I have gotten around to fringing some flowers and then being bothered to upload them onto here (I swear I can be the queen of procrastination at times!). I made this card Saturday morning. It took a while as I don't have a fringing tool and therefore has to fringe the paper with a pair of scissors and my awesome skills :) I made four fringed flowers of each colour. Instead of leaving the paper all one sized, I cut one end at an angle so the fringed bit went from small, to large. I then glued on another small strip of paper to the small end, to act as the centre of the flower. Then I rolled and rolled and rolled all the paper around my quilling tool, gluing at the end. I found the best part to be shaping the "petals" of the flowers. I bent them all the way over, and sort of fluffed them so they ended up curving slightly, like a water fountains spout. To finish off I used some glitter glue in the centre of the flowers to make them sparkle. Putting the card together was really simple. I cut out a green sheet of paper to cover the white front of the card. I then cut out an oval in the centre of the paper to act as a sort of window. I then wrote the Happy Birthday using my incredibly cheap quill I bought when in England, and some fountain ink. I need to work on my calligraphy :S
Lastly, I glued the flowers around the edge of the oval, hiding the rough edges of my bad cutting skills :P
Again, just a really simple card, but I think that sometimes simplicity works best, and besides, I'm just working my way up to bigger things! :)

In other news, since I have been spending most of my unemployed days watching the commonwealth games on TV I have finished my cross-stitch! I now just need to soak it, to remove all the dirt its accumulated over time and then finish it off my attaching the hanger and tassel. I should be posting a photo of it completely finished in a day or two :)

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Bec - I shall follow with interest. And thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete