Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another birthday card

So for the past week, I have been working on this card. I haven't been spending all my time on it, just a few minutes here and there until I finished it on Saturday. I love this card very much. While it is still simple, the main flower has that extra element of difficulty with the combination of coils on two layers and a fringed centre. The bigger petals were made out of two different shades of pink, with an even lighter shade of pink for the top layer of petals. The fringed centre was also made out of two shades, this time of yellow. The branch is simply a strip of quilling paper with 7 "leaves" made out of small strips of quilled paper in a tear drop shape with tight coils glued in the centre. The other flowers are just flowers punched out of pale pink paper, with the bottom layer outlined in a darker pink and the top layer glued on diagonally with a purple centre of glitter. They're mounted on mounting foam to keep up the 3D look. My stamps came out again, but this time just the "H" and the "B" to start off the "Happy Birthday". With that all finished the card still looked unfinished so I added the purple glitter swirl which finished it off nicely I think. The perfect birthday card for my cousin whose birthday it is in 2 weeks.

I have already got an idea for my next card. Because my Grandad's birthday is coming up soon, I've decided to make him one as well. Since he is very into his gardening, it shall be a card full of flowers and bugs. It'll be a great opportunity to try out new designs and expand my quilling skills further. I'll of course keep you updated on it :)

1 comment:

  1. That's another really lovely card, Bec! I especially like the H and B stamped letters and - of course - the quilling!

    ReplyDelete